Annual Awards Rules
|The Annual Awards were instituted to honor those dogs owned by the members of the William Penn Poodle Club who received titles or degrees during the previous year. The awards are presented each year at the
Awards/Holiday Dinner to those members who have fulfilled the following requirements:
1. To be eligible for an annual award, a dog must first earn an American Kennel Club or Foreign title or
degree from Dec 1st to Nov
30th for that Award Year.
2. The member/owner must have owned the dog and been a member of the William Penn Poodle Club FOR AT LEAST ONE (1) YEAR during the time the dog earned a majority of the qualifications needed for the award.
3. Member/owner must be in good standing with dues paid, have attended at least three (3) official club
worked a reasonable amount of time at the Specialty, Futurity, Match Shows or other qualifying event of equal merit during the year in which the title was bestowed.
4. If a dog co-owned or owned by more than one member,
an award can be provided for each member.
Awards cost $30.00 each.
If the dog is co-owned with a non-member (other than a family member), the club will provide an award to the
member. Members may purchase an award for their non-member co-owners. The cost will be
Only one award will ever be given per dog. If a second title or degree is ever obtained, the club will provide additional
engraving if the award is returned to the Awards Chairman before the deadline.
An additional fee will be charged.
Awards will be mailed only if the shipping charges are prepaid.
5. A Certificate of Recognition will be given to member/owner of a stud dog or brood bitch whose get has obtained a title or degree; or, to the members who have bred a stud dog or brood bitch whose get has obtained a title or degree whether or not they are still owned by the
member or any dog who has received TOP PRODUCER status..
A Certificate of Recognition will be given to member/owners whose poodle qualifies for a Canine Good Citizen title, visits schools as part of an educational program or visits nursing homes, etc., to cheer, entertain or educate the public.
6. It is the responsibility of the members to notify the Awards Chairman of any degrees or awards won by their dogs by the published deadline, along with a copy of the Championship
Certificate, Degree Certificate or comparable proof from the AKC. Deadline for awards is Nov 30th of the award year.
Any points not specifically addressed by these guidelines will be resolved by the Board as will any question as to the eligibility. Decisions of the Board shall be final.
Printable Awards Application
Dinner 2003 Photos
Dinner 2006 Photos
In order to view PDF file on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website:
Return to Top